Sunday, December 20, 2009

38 Dollar Mocha at Starbucks







Get yourself a Mocha at the Hong Kong Airport... and it will set you back about 38 Dollars. Hong Kong dollars that is. And it is not Non-Fat Mocha, it is Mocha Lite, just like Diet Coke in the Philippines is not Diet Coke, it is Coke Light.
And the Mocha sizes are smaller. Everything is smaller over there. Even the Clothes.
Oh and Asians don't know how to use an elevator at all. They all try to get on it before allowing the existing passengers to get off of it. So you can become trapped easily. Almost happened to me in Hong Kong, when travelling down from the Ginormous shopping mall on the 3rd floor of the Airport, I was going to the 2nd floor where the departures are to wait for my 747. The people getting on at the 2nd floor to go to the 1st floor (arrival floor) all piled into the elevator before I could get out, so I had to shove a Chinese guy out of my way or I would have ended up back at the arrival floor, and would have had to go through Hong Kong airport security and H1N1 Screening again. That would not have been a pretty sight, especially since I wanted to get back to USA so bad, after being stuck in the Typhoon in Manila for an extra day.
However Hong Kong money is very interesting as Philippines money.
our USA money is pretty boring really. Except for the C note which has one of my ancestors on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home